Yep, I am old. The official "30". No biggie though. As far as I know I am pretty healthy, extremely blessed, and have some completely WONDERFUL friends. Friday night I was utterly shocked, not just surprised, at a birthday party planned just for me. Thanks to Melissa and Jill they managed to put on one of the most memorable events in my life. I have never had a surprise birthday party and they out-did themselves. My family was there and so many great friends, old and new. I had a beautiful and delicious cake, gift cards, clothes, smell-good lotions and such good food...
Jill and Melissa had been cooking this up for a while now with me having no clue! Brian had a terrible job keeping it a secret, living with me and all. I think there was some close calls, but dense non-observant me never caught on. I told Jill I wanted a big ole party for my 30th, but I never really expected anything other than a get together out to eat or something. Boy did I get a BIG OLE' PARTY. It was truly a night and birthday to remember. I have really got some awesome friends that I wish I had had forever. Thank you for everything, everybody.








4 comments:
Happy Birthday, Kim! Sounds like you had a WONDERFUL time!
Happy, happy birthday to YOU. Looks like youhad a fun one. I'm surprised Drew didn't run a monster truck through that cake--that was a prime target =).
They are great friends to do that. But, I am sure you are a great friend to them! What a neat thing to have. I've never had a surprise party either.
Happy birthday!
You SO deserve a surprise party every year, you are a GREAT friend! And I am so glad none of us ruined the surprise, I was skeptical :)
Post a Comment